Tuesday 30 August 2022

[REVIEW] DEVOURING FAMINE – The Wrath of Lamb (Demo) [2022] Self Release

California’s Devouring Famine debut with their first demo 'The Wrath of Lamb'. The one-man Black Metal market is a little crowded at the moment and understandably some do not always hit my radar immediately, fortunately, right place, right time I spotted a two-track demo by Devouring Famine and so began my journey into 'The Wrath of Lamb'. 

The first and title track of this demo ‘The Wrath of Lamb’ starts off proceedings with nearly seven minutes of mind-bending guitar sounds and sliding bass tones welded in amongst some incredibly well-placed aggression. This continues into the follow-up track ‘Beast From the Sea’ which although slightly shorter is my preferred track as it has a really nice foreboding part near the end that I really liked. 

I have found myself coming back to this release more times than I realised, the two tracks compliment each other well and it is certainly a project that is now firmly on my radar.

A promising sign of things to come.

Review by Rick Eaglestone

 

Check out Devouring Famine’s Bandcamp here

https://devouringfamine.bandcamp.com/releases

No comments:

Post a Comment

[REVIEW] LOLTH - Grimoire EP [2022] Cult of Oblivion

  Band: LOLTH | Release: GRIMOIRE | Label: CULT of OBLIVION | Genre: EXP BLACK METAL Year: 2022 | Location: WASHINGTON D.C. | Reviewer...